Monday, May 3, 2010

Life in Abundance

A beautiful expression of purpose...  
Life in Abundance

The supreme prayer of my heart is not to be learned or "good," but to be Radiant.

I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, sincerity, calm courage and good-will.

I wish to be simple, honest, natural, frank, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected--ready to say, "I do not know," if so it be, to meet all men on an absolute equality--to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unafraid and unabashed.

I wish others to live their lives, too, up to their highest, fullest and best. 

To that end I pray that I may never meddle, dictate, interfere, give advice that is not wanted, nor assist when my services are not needed. 

If I can help people I'll do it by giving them a chance to help themselves; and if I can uplift or inspire, let it be by example, inference and suggestion, rather than by injunction and dictation. 

That is to say, I desire to be Radiant--to Radiate Life.

.
Elbert Hubbard Courtesy of the Elbert Hubbard Roycroft Museum 

Elbert Hubbard was one of the most influential forces in American business as the new century opened and the Roycroft artisan community that he founded in East Aurora, New York was the first and most successful purveyor of Arts and Crafts in the nation.
Storming onto the national stage with a look that screamed artist and writings that preached a mixed message of rebellion and conformity, Hubbard captivated the popular imagination while promoting the ideals of industry. A prolific and widely read writer and publisher, he influenced popular culture and thought for nearly two decades.
 For more on Hubbard, visit http://www.pbs.org/wned/elbert-hubbard/index.php 


No comments:

Post a Comment